Monday, December 9, 2013

Convert TD Ameritrade SEP IRA to TD Ameritrade Self-Directed Solo 401k Brokerage Account




http://www.mysolo401k.net/California-Solo-401k.html

QUESTION: Hi my wife and I are the sole owners/employees of a small S corp in Santa Clara, CA down in South Bay.  I have a SEP with Ameritrade and I'd like to convert it to a self-directed Solo 401k and still have access to Ameritrade trading while I learn more about your alternative investing.  In addition, I'm under time pressure from my CPA to establish the 401k (he's traveling overseas in about 10 days) because the CPA needs to issue larger-than normal monthly W-2 for Nov and Dec to handle the salary deferral and needs to know where to direct the deferrals.

ANSWER:  We can draft the solo 401k plan documents in 24 hours and e-mail them to you for signature. We can also assist you in setting up a brokerage account for the solo 401k at TD Ameritrade so that you can then make you annual contribution and transfer the SEP IRA into it. This type of TD Ameritrade brokerage account will allow you to invest in alternative investments such as real estate and precious metals in addition to stocks and mutual funds. Please click here to learn more about this type of brokerage account.  

Appreciate your time and help

  Jack in CA

No comments:

Post a Comment