Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Making addition Roth IRA investments in IRA LLC



BACKGROUND: I’ve two potential investments I may make from the newly created Roth IRA LLC and won’t know how much money to put into the LLC until I sort out details of those.

QUESTION: One question that I’ve not been able to sort out…  After funding the LLC with the initial investment from my Roth IRA, can I make subsequent additional investments from the Roth account to the LLC?  Seems a controversial area of the law?

ANSWER: Good question. Unfortunately, the code is not clear as to whether or not additional investments in the IRA LLC by the IRA(S) is prohibited or not.  As a result, we take a neutral position and leave it up to the IRA account holder in conjunction with his or her tax professionals to decide whether or not to process subsequent investments by the IRA in the IRA LLC.  

Thanks again.

Megan in Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment